Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy People = Happy Food

Dining, it’s a special thing, it is that food we consume to allow us to get through the classes we signed up for, but is there more than food involved in dining? Yes! Well at least I have decided that. After having eaten at the different dining locations here on campus, I’ve noticed that if the people who work there, the people making my food, and serving me, are happy, then I am happy. If I am happy then everything becomes better, the food seems great, and I go back. The best locations for happy workers are easily Foodworx, and OVT. Canyon Vista is not too bad, and neither is Café V. Earl’s people are helpful if you ask but they do not go out of their way to serve you.

Another plus to Foodworx, so far the best I’ve seen in selection as a Place and Market.

On a negative note, all place and markets are expensive. Sometimes I don’t have the time, or what feels like the energy to walk to a dining facility like Café V or Canyon Vista, therefore I try to keep some food at my place, but the prices are ridiculous. My dining points aren’t monopoly money, they are real, every point transfers to a real dollar I expect the prices to be fair to that.

Enjoy,

Angela

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting in comparison to my observations. I've had extremely bad experiences at OVT and all the workers I've interacted with are tired, disgruntled, and rude. Once, I even got a, "You want another slice of cheese? I already put one on. Fine, here whatever," while she slapped on a slice of swiss, and often an attitude-y "What do you want?" rather than "How can I help you?" with a smile that I often experience at Cafe V. No judgment, OVT has to cater to a large amount of people, but I have to disagree that the happiest workers are at OVT. Although, I think you are on point with Foodworx, but I'd choose Cafe V over OVT any day. Plus Cafe V's salad bar is significantly better than OVT's.

    ReplyDelete