Monday, May 10, 2010

Friendships

Hello dear friends,
I hope you are doing great! I have lately been relearning the amazing gift that friendship is.
I have gotten so caught up in the activities of college life that I have forgotten the vital practice of having relationships with people. If you relate to this at all, take it as a sign before you get into it too deep! Love people before institutions, have compassion before living for a cause, and let that be the reason you live.

On the subject of friendship, I encourage revisiting old neighbors. I've done that a couple times today, it means so much to them! Let people know that you care, remember, and are thinking about them. College is not just about grades, or experience, or any of that "security" stuff, it is about people. Connecting with people. Building relationships with them. Learning from them. Loving them. That is what college is about.

So go on out there and live out your college experience!


Your friend,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment