Thursday, November 11, 2010

The UCSD life...during midterms!

Meal of the week: a ten second review of dining hall food

Chicken Udon $5.25. Tender chicken with udon noodles, bean sprouts, green onions and seaweed.
When/where: Lunch, 11/10, OVT
Delicious? Yes, there's nothing like hot soup on a chilly day. The chicken was flavorful, the soup just a tad too salty. Worth the price? Not quite--I'm a small eater, and yet this bowl just filled me up. I bet my male friends went foraging for extra morsels after this lunch.

I'm in the middle of my studies for Midterms: Round 2. One of my biggest issues the week before Midterms: Round 1 was finding a nice place to study without distractions. If my suite wants to party it up or my roommates want to watch Glee with a bunch of friends (like last night!), I have to find other places to curl up with my chem text. The most obvious study place is Giesel:

...unfortunately, as a first year living in the Marshall residence halls, the walk to Giesel can be rather far. My friends introduced me to the lounge at the top of my dorm building, and I definitely like how it's just four short flights of stairs or an elevator ride away.


Cozy, quiet, and empty. My RA lives just outside, too, and he stops by now and then just to check up on us every now and then. Get to know your RA and don't be afraid to ask them for anything! Mines is full of all sorts of valuable and interesting information :)


My favorite reading chair in the library...

Another great study area close to Marshall is the IR/PS library in ERC. It's a small, two story building that's a little out of the ways, and no one can give clear directions to it ("walk down a sketchy path," "somewhere near RIMAC," "kind of near I-house..."). As I had to ask so many people for directions to this one cozy library, I'll try to describe the path best I can. From the intersection of Pangea and Scholar's Drive North, walk through the Great Hall and up the stairs. Crossing the small street, there's a narrow walkway that takes you to the entrance of the IR/PS library. Alternatively, you can walk up Ridge Walk until you see it on your left!

It's back to studying (at the lounge :P) for me. Hope everyone does well on their midterms!

You only see these kinds of sunsets in movies--or at UCSD.

-Rosanne

No comments:

Post a Comment