Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What's Up UCSD?

Hey everyone at UCSD,
Or if you're not at UCSD but want to be... or if you ended up here by mistake, hello to you too. I've definitely been in your place before- cruising the web, looking for a history of Swedish Fish, then I zone out for a second and by the time I figure out where I am, I'm taking a survey of top twenty things I don't do in my spare time. Who cares what I don't do in my spare time?
So back to me... I'm a freshman in the sixth college Pepper Canyon Apartments and my blog posts will be about my life at UCSD and bits of advice about where to eat, what to do in your spare time, what not to do in your spare time, and other pearls of wisdom. Basically little things that I wish someone had told me before I did something that I shouldn't have and which I wouldn't have if that someone had told me before I did that something.
For example, I really wish someone had told me that you need a piece of towel, or cloth, etc, to get into the weight room at Rimac before I had run all the way there to realize that I needed a towel to get in. Listen to me because this is golden. You need a TOWEL to get into the weight room. But if you get there and your supposed friend who is there with you and who has a towel but forgot to tell you that you need a towel to get into the weight room doesn't tell you that little gem about needing a towel, you can still buy one downstairs at the equipment checkout desk right next to the stairs. I think they're two or three dollars, but still that's two or three dollars that you shouldn't have to spend. And to all you internet users who ended up here by mistake, who are still reading because of my magnificent prose, and who have no idea what Rimac is, it's the big gym at UCSD.
One more bit of great advice: don't spend your money on tissues. I was stressing so much on the ride down because I didn't bring any kleenex and now that I'm here I notice that I don't use any tissues. Use toilet paper. It works just as well and it's restocked every week by your cleaning crew if you live in a UCSD housing unit. And free things are good things. Usually. Plus, at least where I'm living, they stock the good stuff; double or triple quilted paper that's super soft on your nose.
I hope someone puts this advice to good use. Whether you go to UCSD, hope to go here, are the parents of someone who wants to go here, are my parents checking up on me, or are just lost and stuck here because I'm such a boss, remember, towel to get into weight room and all purpose t.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment