Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Campus

After three weeks of sleeping, eating, and not thinking at all (which is great after a tough quarter), it's pretty tough to start doing homework and paying attention to class, but the worst part of having to be back is the waking up and getting to class.  Actually, I'll be honest- even waking up isn't as difficult as navigating to your classes when you feel like there's nowhere you'd rather be than in bed, asleep.  Plus, at this time of year (mostly just year round), people at UCSD are terrible drivers.  I'm speaking in the large scale of things, as I'm sure there is someone here who might be a closet driving guru, but generally people here are the worst of drivers.  Even the bicyclists here have a penchant for collision with pedestrians and most kids on a skateboard have just picked it up and have no idea how to slow down.  Which makes it even more of a challenge to get to class.  To avoid crazy bicyclists, kamikaze skaters, and the occasional carload of lost family who managed to wedge themselves across the widest section of a pedestrian walkway and park, you  really need to be awake.
But being back on campus, I realize that the dread of going back to classes that I may have felt in high school is absent.  I'm back with friends and all the classes I enjoy and even though it may be dangerous with concerns of avoiding construction and the massive potholes, I actually missed living on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment