Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Have a New Year's Resolution to eat healthy? UCSD hooks you up!

Yumm....The great thing about being back at UCSD is the food! Am I right people? Honestly I eat better while I'm at school than I do at home over break.

Why? Well it's all provided for you on campus. The selection of healthy and vegetarian options gets better everyday in my opinion.

Today was no exception. I checked out the Dining Events Calendar before I headed out to eat lunch.

Wednesdays are jam packed with good stuff!

At OVT they were celebrating Waffle Cone Wednesdays, and a Fajita Station that happens on the first and third Wednesday of January.

I strolled over to Cafe V with my roomie to see what they were working with. The first item to catch my eye was a delicious-lookin' Chile Relleno.


A chile relleno is like a lunch omlette because it's made with eggs. This meal got a UCSD upgrade because it's made with the cage-free eggs that are used campus wide. : )

The roasted chile inside was paired with onions, tomatoes, cheese, and herbs. Sooo good! 

I went ahead and got a side of veggies too. It was a meal that I hope is a repeat sometime soon.


F.Y.I Tritons.....
Every Wednesday this month is Fine Dining Dinner at Cafe V, and Fine Dining Lunch at Plaza in Revelle.

You've got the hook up! Enjoy : )

*Hilary*

1 comment:

  1. Pretty picture Hilary :)

    I like your focus on food for veggies.

    ReplyDelete