Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Canyonview: Is It Just Me or Does Nobody Know There's an Attached Weight Room?

Am I one of the few who know that there's a great little gym in the Canyonview aquatic center's main building?  It's funny because I was talking to my friends and none of them knew about Canyonview.  Most people will know (but if you don't its really not a big deal) that there's a rock climbing room in canyonview, but I think that there's some extra fees involved.  What most people are confused about or simply don't notice is the weight room, but if you like an empty weight room to do whatever you do to get in shape, check out the canyonview center.  Like the other weight rooms, you'll need a towel (for attached rant see earlier post)  but unlike RIMAC, and like I already said, it's pretty empty.  The best part about canyonview is that if you live in Warren or Sixth residence areas, getting to the gym takes no time at all.

Actually I've timed how long it takes me to cruise from my apartment by food works over to the warren lecture hall and usually I end up sitting in the lecture 3-8 minutes before I leave.  It's odd, but I swear that when I skate in that direction, I lose time.  And this is all being timed like a Swiss clock.  Someone needs to read this and try out my route and see if they can manage to take longer on the road than I do.  Usually I wake up at 9:40, get dressed, leave at like 9:50 and get to Warren lecture hall at 9:44 and then wait for fifteen minutes for the professor to arrive.  It's odd.

What you do is start by food works (the little white box to the right of the words "sixth college") and go left on that street until you get to the fork, where you take a right then a left on the dotted road until the next fork, where you continue straight, not left or right, off the road and that's the destination.  

Someone check it out for me.

Stay classy San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment