Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Midterms and Busses

So the majority of midterm rush is over, (yay!) there are still those lingering classes that waited to the last moment to test (uhg), but for the most part they are done. If your wondering, mine went well, as I hope yours did too. Now I was wondering what made your midterm rush easier?

Personally, I studied primarily at CV, Canyon Vista. I was able to get some food, and sit in front of the fire and go through my notes, and books. When I did my group studying, I invited everyone to the study room at my Resident Hall, it was fun (at least for the amount of studying we got done). It was really nice, because of the white boards that are in our study room.

Where did you study? Let me know, comment or email me amcooper@ucsd.edu.

So amongst all this rabid studying, I got sick. I actually had to go to my doctor on the other side of San Diego. I don't know about you, but I don't have my truck here on campus, its just too expensive to keep it here on campus for occasional (at best) use. So here I was stuck on campus and I was scheduled for an urgent care visit. I panicked. My first instinct was to call my dad, he was 4 hours away at work, so after he calmed me down, he reminded me I could take the bus. So I prepared to leave, but had to figure out which busses and how much it would cost. Well the all encompassing Google helped me out =D

1.Go to http://maps.google.com/ it allows you to enter to addresses (kind of like mapquest).

2. Select get directions on the left.
3. Enter point A as, 9350 Campus Point Dr La Jolla, CA 92037. And point B as where ever you'd like to go.

4. Then select public transit on the drop window (default says by car).

5. It then shows you bus routes that leave campus (and times). You can now get where ever you wanted to go (or as close as it can).

Its super amazing if you ask me, but maybe I am just a noob lol.

Anyways, I knew the buses that touched campus were free but did you know all of the San Diego buses are free? I didn't know till they didn't ask me to pay.

I was later informed by the HDH people I work with that in that Housing and Dining pays for us to have all the public transit in San Diego (that yellow sticker on your ID). Pretty niffty, if you ask me.

Anyways, good luck with those last finals, give me some feedback and have a good week!

Angela =]

No comments:

Post a Comment